- This event has passed.
Herbal Healing for Cold and Flu
February 7, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm| $40.00
Learn how to make herbal remedies for the cold and flu!
We are coming to the peak of cold and flu season. Are you ready for coworkers coughing and schools sending home more than homework? Be ready with natural, herbal remedies that bring fast, lasting relief.
While modern medicine has its miracles, one area that it still lacks real tools is viral respiratory infections. There is very little your doctor can do for the cold or flu other than recommend lots of fluids and rest. If it gets really bad, your doc may suggest going to the hospital to be put on oxygen. To top it off, the FDA now says that there is no evidence to support the claims of over-the-counter cold and cough remedies in children.
Herbal Medicine, on the other hand, has a lot to offer. Herbal steams and soothing demulcent herbs moisten irritated mucosa. Antiviral herbs, like elderberry, have been clinically shown to cut the duration of both Influenza A and B in half. Anti-inflammatory herbs help relieve sinus pain and achy joints. Plus, many of these are common enough to be found in your local grocery store.
In this class, you will learn:
- How to recognize the difference between the cold and flu.
- How to recognize the difference between a viral and bacterial infection.
- Cold and flu prevention.
- How to use herbs and natural remedies to lessen viral contact with tissues.
- Basic herbal skills like how to make teas, herbal steams, tinctures, syrups, and pastilles.
- Tried and true herbal recipes that blast away congestion and help you rest.
- Learn how to make Fire Cider, Elderberry Syrup, Herbal Tussin Tea, and plus many more natural, decongestant, antiviral and healing recipes.
- Remedies for kids’ coughs and ear infections that they will love which actually work.
- Plus- what do to for a secondary, bacterial respiratory infection, such as bronchitis.
According to Investopedia.com, an American can expect a bout with the flu to cost anywhere between $100-$1000 before they are better. The costs vary depending upon insurance coverage, medication costs, over-the-counter remedies, and lost time at work. What would it be worth to you to cut your down time in half, or not get sick in the first place?
Take this class, and make cold and flu season a whole lot more comfortable from this point on!